Are you looking for something interesting to do on the weekend? Below is a recipe for flapjacks. They are easy to do, cheap and don’t take too long, so why not give it a try!
- 75g brown sugar
- 75g golden syrup
- 250g rolled oats
- 150g butter or margarine
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup over a low heat.
- Mix the oats in a mixing bowl with the melted butter and syrup.
- Add any extras (chopped dried fruit, nuts, choc chips etc.) and mix thoroughly.
- Press the mixture into a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 mins.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the flapjack from the tray just like you would a cake (please be super careful as it will be hot!) and allow to cool.
- Once cool, cut into squares as big or little as you prefer.
(Don’t forget to check back regularly as we will be adding lots more yummy recipes